Safety Razors, Shaving Brushes & Shaving Soap – Your new best friends
If you’re still using a multi-blade cartridge razor, you should really consider stopping. Why? There are a number of reasons:
- They’re awful for your skin
- They’re really expensive
- Terrible for the environment
- You’re better than that
- There’s an alternative
A cartridge razor, consisting of 5 blades and a bit of plastic to keep them together, provides a really close shave.
Instead of cutting the hair, a cartridge razor will actually get below the level of the skin and pull the hair out of your face. Ever try to hack through some thick stubble?
Bingo, it’s not enjoyable.
And let’s not get started on razor burn! Most razor companies will give you a “free” handle and some blades. You think you’re getting a bargain but in reality, they have you. You’re going to keep going back to the same brand and buying blades that are costing maybe €20 for 5, or you could go the discount route and get them for €10.
Either way, your skin and your bank balance wont’ thank you.
- It’s cheaper – blades are around .50c each and less if bought in bulk
- It’s much better for your skin – reduced razor burn and irritations
- It’s better for the environment, no plastic here!
- The razors are made using metal and will last a long time
- They make your bathroom look fantastic
- Forces you to slow down in the morning and have some ‘You Time’
You can read a guide on how to wet shave here.