Safety Razor Ireland: WHY USE A SAFETY RAZOR
When we decided to ditch our plastic razor for a durable one, we had a hard time finding a model that was efficient, skin-friendly and elegant all at the same time. We were also surprised by the number of people who were afraid to take the leap.
So we decided to build our own Safety Razor. We believe we managed to create the perfect razor to get more people on board of a plastic-free bathroom routine.
- A single blade to provide an irritation and ingrown-free shave.
- A strongly curved blade, with minimal exposure and sitting close to the razor head, to offer a low aggressiveness level – while still maintaining the efficiency.
- A closed comb to ensure a good guard against cuts and an easy glide on the skin.
- A long handle to reach every parts of our body.
- A pinched neck below the head to provide an ergonomic and handy design.
- A finely chiseled handle to offer a good grip in the shower.
- A heavy weight and perfect balance so you only have to let it glide on the skin.
- A thinner, more elegant look
To load or change the blade: unscrew the handle from the head by twisting it anti-clockwise. Insert the blade between the two parts that form the head. Screw everything back together. Tighten it. You will see that the blade is curving: this is what we are into for a non-aggressive shave.
To shave: wait the end of a shower so your skin and hairs are soften. Apply shaving cream, soap or oil. Apply short strokes while holding the razor at 30°. If it’s your first time using a safety razor, we would advise you to apply absolutely no pressure, using only the weight of the razor. You will learn gradually the amount of pressure you can apply to get the perfect shave according to your skin – but it will be far less pressure than what you are used to apply with a plastic razor. This is the reason why we prefer to say “no pressure at all” for the first shave.
After shaving: pat dry your skin, rinse the razor under the water stream (with a little bit of soap if you prefer) and leave it to dry outside the shower or water stream to get most of its lifetime potential.
We ship entirely plastic free: from the box to the tape, you can reuse, compost or recycle everything.
Tired of using cartridge razors? Read this.
Gerard Murphy –
I shaved with it twice and its very good :-)
Might take some getting used to but really nice feeling and good quality. Blades come with it as well, would recommend to someone to try for sure! Nice it’s an Irish business as well.