Safety Razor Ireland – Zero Waste Shaving
A Safety Razor is the ultimate solution for plastic razors. A Safety Razor is great because it only uses a single blade with two edges (Double Edged Safety Razor) and thus means a far better shaving experience.
Any Safety Razor in our range is made using the finest materials and with the utmost care. We stock a range of Safety Razors such as Closed Comb Safety Razors, Open Comb, Butterfly Safety Razor, Twist to Open, and Slant Safety Razors.
Rest assured that each Double Edge Razor will provide you with smooth shaving pleasure for years to. A Safety Razor offer many benefits over cartridge razors such as reduced shaving irritation and shaving rash.
Be prepared to upgrade your shave, start enjoying shaving again and have reduced rash along with saving money.
Read about the benefits of Safety Razors over Cartridge Razors right here.
Our selection of DE razors are designed to provide a close shave for that pesky facial hair. Our DE Razors are perfect for beginners and all come with 2 free replacement blades to try. Razors such as the Parker 99R don’t come close to the quality of our Safety Razor.
How To Use A Safety Razor:
Not sure how to use a Safety Razor? Here’s some tips:
- No Pressure: These razors are not designed to be pressed in to the skin. In fact, doing so will undoubtedly lead to bleeding or irritation. Instead, safety razors should gently glide across the face.
- Change The Angle: Double edge razors should move across the beard area at an angle of approximately 30 degrees.
- Less Passes: Make it your goal to use no more than 2-3 passes over each area you shave. By making smaller, steadier passes you’ll reduce the risk of irritation. This becomes easier over time, as you adapt to using the DE razor, you will adapt and you will love it.
- Stretch The Skin: More so than with multi-blade cartridges, double edge razors do their best work on skin that is held taut. So, when taking passes on the cheeks or neck, use that free hand to stretch these areas – don’t pinch!
- Stay Lubricated: Shaving oils, soaps, and gels help the razor to glide over the skin evenly. It also helps protect your skin from the blade. Being well lubricated during your shave will ensure your skin is irritation and nick free.
- Rinse Often: Another benefit of this type of razor is that having two sides enables the user to flip the blade over before rinsing. That said, running the blade under water between major passes is recommended.
Why Go With A Safety Razor?
Here’s why you should make the leap to a Safety Razor.
- Better Blades: Some cartridge razors are made of cheapsteel. This means that they may dull quickly, pick up more bacteria and can cause more shaving mishaps such as ingrown hairs. Double-edge razors are made of superior, single-source stainless steel. This is what helps a safety razor maintain its sharp double edge and cut hair with minimal pressure.
- Better For Your Skin: Contrary to the belief that more blades get any extra little hairs on the face, all you’re really doing is increasing your chances of having razor burn or ingrown hairs. A safety razor eliminates this because you’re just using one very sharp, well-angled blade. You only need to pass over an area 2-3 times, in short, light-handed strokes.
- Better For Your Wallet: Replacement blades are more affordable than current multi-blade razors and the thinking is that the two sides of a safety razor extend each unit’s lifespan. Saving money is always cool, but shaving money while you also get a great product is even better. Sure, you have to pay more for the initial razor, but you’ll make your money back really quickly as you can get 100 blades for around €20.
Still looking for more information on shaving razors for men? Check out our frequently asked questions or reach out to our Grooming Experts. We’re happy to answer any questions you may have and help guide you to better shaving.